Thursday 8 July 2010

Jadell Zee

What is your name? How old are you?
Jadell. 39 Years old.

What value do you think your art offers art?
At the moment, I'd say my art currently offers nothing whatsoever original to art. I think people who aren't particularly into art like looking at it, because it looks 'nice' and it's slightly edgy because of the fact that it's done in not-so-legal places. To be honest, I'm still actually trying to get good; and haven't realised my full style yet. For instance, I'm still at the stage where each piece I do is twice as good as the one before; which is annoying because it means I'm wasting my time if I'm not doing any painting. I'll get there though.

If you were a shape which would you be?
If I were a shape, I think a thin sort of oblong would be pretty accurate. Is that the one that goes vertical?

If you could speak any language which would you choose?
Spanish! Fucking hell girls that speak spanish, they really do it for me.

Can you quickly list five words that rhyme with spray?
Play, away, grey, gay, wahey!

Do you consider yourself to be an honest person?
I'd say I'm about 80% honest. If I wasn't married still, I'd be 100% honest.

Would you prefer to be loved or hated because of the art you produce?
Yeah. I think loved. I like getting attention. Plus I'm getting really sick of being fucking skint all the time.

Tell me something you like?
I like music. I know it's a boring answer, but I'm pretty much thinking about it every moment.

Where do you work?
I work as a DJ at weekends, I also record music under the name 'Jadell' for Rocstar records. This is part time however. At the moment I'm at university doing an MA in graphic moving image.

Ask yourself a question and answer it.
'Jadell, when are you going to start riding your BMX again?'
- I'm really sorry, I know I keep meaning to get around to it, and it's not like I don't keep it clean or look at it every day...I guess other things seem to have a priority at the moment. I do feel guilty, I admit. Literally tomorrow I WILL go out on my BMX. Shit I can't - I have to drive the kids to the mother-in-laws, and then paint the living room ceiling, and oil the kitchen work-tops. Ok, Saturday then. Shit I can't - I'm going to Wales for the weekend. Ok, when I get back.....

No comments:

Post a Comment