Sunday 12 June 2011

Remi Rough

What is your name? How old are you?

Remi/Rough. 39.

What value do you think your art offers art?

I think my art offers art the value of colour and dynamics... What I do is I add geometry to large spaces! Painting the bare concrete walls of any metropolis adds value to art in general, not in a financial sense but in a historical sense.

Being a part of 'graffiti' for so many years gives me a humbling perspective on where my art sits in the broader spectrum.

If you were a shape which would you be?

A cube.

If you could speak any language which would you choose?

Esperanto.

Can you quickly list five words that rhyme with spray?

Ray, may, say, day and prey.

(I tried to make a sentence out of it...)

Do you consider yourself to be an honest person?

Yes, to a fault. I'm the person who hands a wallet in if I find it on the floor... Mostly because I hope someone would do the same for me.

Would you prefer to be loved or hated because of the art you produce?

Both... It's the indifference I struggle with.

Tell me something you like?

Buying books and shopping in general.

Where do you work?

It depends, sometimes I'm in the studio in my garden, or sometimes I'm at a completely different location.

Ask yourself a question and answer it.

How do you define yourself as an artist?

Well I'm no plumber.

No comments:

Post a Comment