Tuesday 21 June 2011

Dan Baldwin

What is your name? How old are you?

Dan Baldwin. 38

What value do you think your art offers art?

I’d hope for thought provoking, originality and I’m aiming for beautiful right now, with a good use of colour. I put my heart into my work.

If you were a shape which would you be?

A really intense angry scribble in a circular motion, like Cy Twombly having a fit

If you could speak any language which would you choose?

I started Spanish lessons, but gave up when it became sentences; I’ve just been in Ibiza and wanted to know more. I wish id stuck at it -'cat' would be good though as well I think.

Can you quickly list five words that rhyme with live?

taint,faint,saint,quaint, only four are possible, I went through the alphabet in my head.

Do you consider yourself to be an honest person?

Yes. Mainly.

Would you prefer to be loved or hated because of the art you produce?

I’ve experienced both, I’ve had negativity & it upset me, I put too much love into what I do. So avoid forums. We all want acceptance. But have learned you cant please everyone, I just trust my own instincts now.

Tell me something you like?

Log fires & vodka and coke, the smell of my old beetle, kissing baby Dylans neck until he giggles, there’s 3 things. I listed about 20 but then deleted them. They are too personal. I think too much.

Where do you work?

In part of our old house in west Sussex

Ask yourself a question and answer it.

So what is going on in the current body of work Dan? I have an idea called spectrum - to make a show of paintings each starting with a totally beautiful flat colour, like bubble gum pink, midnight blue, dark purple, bright yellow, blood red - and that’s the only theme - just make beautiful works, no politics, no religion, no war, I have sat here for over an hour on this last fucking question. You ask the questions! That’s your bloody job. I’ve had 'do you believe in god? ', delete, . .. and loads more. Ahh I’m going now ./ / !! @£$$%

No comments:

Post a Comment