Tuesday 21 June 2011

Carrie Reichardt

What is your name? How old are you?

Carrie Reichardt aka The Baroness. 45

What value do you think your art offers art?

I am not sure it does but it offers me a way to keep myself sane.

If you were a shape which would you be?

No idea....

If you could speak any language which would you choose?

Spanish - I went to Argentina last Sept to work on a large group public art project and fell in love with the people and the place and I really want to return. I would love to return being able to speak their language properly, but I am completely rubbish with languages. I travelled across Central America for 6 months and all I ever learnt was "Cafe con Leche, por favor".

Can you quickly list five words that rhyme with live?

Mean, Dean, Clean, Been Seen. It’s beginning to sound like a Dr Suess book.

Do you consider yourself to be an honest person?

I try to be honest, but I hate confrontation, so often I say nothing, rather than to have to be truthful. That's kind of dishonest in an honest kind of way.

Would you prefer to be loved or hated because of the art you produce?

I would always prefer to get a reaction, good or bad...indifference would be a killer for me.

Tell me something you like?

To try things for myself...I like having new experiences.

Where do you work?

I am a bit of a workaholic, so I work most days in my studio, which is 5 mins from my house, and in the evenings I work at home!!

Ask yourself a question and answer it.

Who is Herman Wallace.?

He, along with Albert Woodfox are the longest serving men in solitary confinement in the USA. They are political prisoners. They are currently in their 40th year. Just think about that. That's 13 years longer than Nelson Mandela, and I doubt hardly anyone reading this blog has even heard of them. You have to ask yourself why....?

Support the Angola 3

No comments:

Post a Comment